Migrate to AWS & Redshift and enjoy onsite perks
Birds migrate south for winter, settlers migrated west for gold, and smart techies like you are migrating to open source technologies! Help a company move away from SQL and eagerly learn new tech like AWS and Redshift in this exciting SQL DBA opportunity!
Speaking of migrating, you won’t have to go far to find a gym, medical center, dentist, cafeteria, or fun games to play on your breaks because this awesome company has them all on site! Focus on collaborating with nice, humble technologists from interns to leads and have everything you need all in one beautiful campus. Work for a family-friendly, employee-friendly company at the top of their industry and use your 3+ years of SQL DBA experience, SQL Server 2008+ experience, and possibly NoSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Amazon Web Services, or Redshift skills to monitor, maintain, and modify databases, database servers, and SQL servers. The team is relatively quiet now so they need someone outgoing and collaborative like you to put best practices first, solve tough coding challenges, and help them migrate to mostly AWS and Redshifts later this year. From building data indexes to performing data recovery during emergency situations, you’ll have a ton of stuff to do in this position so you’ll never get bored!
The easiest part of this job: In addition to all of their amazing onsite perks, this company offers the other benefits you want like flexible hours, a 401k with a great match, and fun employee appreciation days.
The hardest part of this job: If you’re not eager to learn new tech and move towards more open source technology this isn’t the right job for you.
Collaborate, help migrate to AWS and Redshift, and enjoy onsite perks in this stellar SQL DBA role. You won’t want to miss out on this unique job opportunity!
What’s in it for you?
– Competitive Salary ($85,000-$100,000)
– 401k with Match
– Flexible Hours
– Employee Gym
– Employee Medical Center
– Employee Dentist and Hygienist
– Onsite Cafeteria
– Game Room
– Employee Appreciation Days
– Sick Days
What you’ll be doing:
– Put best practices first and communicate effectively in a collaborative, open team environment
– Monitor, maintain, and modify databases, database servers, and SQL servers
– Help migrate to mostly AWS and Redshift, away from SQL, this year
– Monitor and maintain database systems and database performance metrics
– Perform data recovery during emergency situations and support all major server upgrades so optimal performance levels are met
– Set, build, and rebuild data indexes
– Work with a diverse team from interns to leads and provide daily developer support for new modules
What you need:
– 3+ Years of SQL DBA experience
– SQL Server 2008+
– NoSQL is a plus
– MongoDB is a plus
– DynamoDB is a plus
– Amazon Web Services is a plus
– Redshift is a plus