5 Steps For Getting Back Into the Right Groove At Work After A Vacation
The holiday season is over and most people have returned to the office. But, are you mentally focused and back in the groove of things? If not, you need to follow these 5 steps, which are a great way to get back into the right groove at work after a vacation.
1. To-Do Lists and Plans Are Your Friend: Returning to the office after taking time off—for holidays, paid vacation time, or even sick days—can feel disorienting. The best way to focus in on what you need to accomplish is to create to-do lists daily and larger goals to work towards. Planning ahead will keep you on track and, once you see where you’re going and what you need to do to get there, you’ll feel like things are back to normal.
2. Audio Motivation: If you can work with headphones on, one great trick for getting back into the swing of things is to set a great mood through music, motivational podcasts and audio books, or white noise that helps you focus on your work.
3. Stretch Your Skills: One way to kick your motivation into high gear is to challenge yourself and stretch your skills. Learn something new, start a side project, offer to help on additional tasks at work, or look for training opportunities around you. If you want to dive back into work, you might as well dive in headfirst and stretch your skills!
4. Catch Up With Coworkers Over Lunch: Take some time out of your day to have lunch with your coworkers and catch up. If you’ve all been out periodically throughout the holiday season or you’re the only one returning from a vacation, you’ll have plenty to catch up on.
5. Set Your Alarm Clock Early: When you have more time to focus and get ready in the morning, you’ll arrive at the office on time (or early) and ready to start your day. If you’re having a hard time getting back into the right groove at work after a vacation, setting your alarm clock early for a week will give you the extra time you need to get motivated, focused, and productive.
The vacation is over and it’s time to get back to your productive, motivated, career-oriented self! Follow these 5 steps to get back into the right groove at work after a vacation or after the holiday season.