Sr. Java Engineer – Modernization a POS!
Would you love to get out of the shadows and work on a highly-visible tech? Are you known for bringing new ideas to the table? What if I told you that you could join a critical team and play a vital role in bringing this company’s legacy POS application into the modern age? Lucky for you, I have a chance for you to do just that!
This is a chance for a Sr. Java Engineer to work with a company near Irving, TX, whose main focus is helping people simplify their lives. If you have experience with Java, AWS or Azure, Microservices, SQL or PostgreSQL, you might have just found your new home. In this role, you’ll be changing this company’s legacy POS application to a modern stack and making it mobile-friendly. That way, their salespeople can focus more on selling their products. The legacy system is in core Java with a Swing Java front end, and they’re moving it to microservices architecture using Java Spring Boot, with a React and React Native front end. As for your position, you’ll be hands-on in the code (40% give or take) while guiding the team, interacting with leads from other teams, and partnering with the Solutions Architect on the team and the enterprise architecture team. The best part? If you haven’t had experience, this is the perfect opportunity to gain some!
The easiest part of the job: Use your passion to make real change in a prospering company!
The hardest part of the job: If you’re looking for a position where you’ll just sit back and get tasks handed to you, this might not be the role for you.
Take on this role as a Sr. Java Engineer Point of Sale and work within a company so innovative, that you’ll never want to leave!
What’s in it for you?
– Enjoy Competitive Compensation of $130,000 – $150,000
– Indulge in impressive benefits like Health, Dental Insurance, TeleHealth – Teladoc, 401K,
Adoption Assistance, Life Insurance, PTO, Holidays, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Secure Travel Insurance, FSA, Employee Assistance Programs, Maternity & Paternity Leave, Pet Insurance, Product Discounts, and More
What you’ll be doing:
– You’ll be changing this company’s legacy application to a modern stack and making it mobile-friendly
– You’ll help move the legacy system from Java with a Swing Java front end to microservices architecture using Java Spring Boot, with a React and React Native front end
– You’ll work on the middle-tier and back end
– You’ll be hands-on in the code (40% give or take)
– You’ll guide the team and interact with leads from other teams
– You’ll partner with the Solutions Architect on the team as well as the enterprise architecture team
What you’ll need:
– Experience with Java, AWS or Azure, Microservices, SQL or PostgreSQL
– The desire to work in-house or remotely (but available to come to the office once in a while)
– Experience with React or React Native
If you like what you see, what’s stopping you from making your mark on modernization? Apply today!